Smartty’s saga: Ankomah’s claims baseless- Pres. advisor
May 23, 2016 at 8:02pm
SHARE THIS PAGE
The presidential adviser on corruption, Daniel Bartidam has rubbished accusations by anti-corruption campaigner Ace Ankomah that the office of the President had foreknowledge of the scandalous rebranding contract between the Transport Ministry and Smartty’s.
In an earlier interview on StarrFM, Mr. Ankomah who is a leading member of Occupy Ghana said the presidency appears reluctant to prosecute officials implicated in the probe because such a move will hurt its reputation.
“They cooked up the deal, right from the office of the President. The deal was cooked up. One of the letters revealed that the decision to do that branding was taken in consultation with the office of the President,” he stated.
But Mr. Bartidam said the claims are baseless.
“…Let us not pretend as if people who work in government are people who suddenly cannot put logic on their heads. I am not one of the people who will defend everything but I do not think there is basis for the claim he is making.”
The controversial rebranding contract which initially cost the nation some GHC3.6million has become a matter of public interest following revelations that the 116 buses were rebranded before the contract was awarded by the ministry.
Pressure group, Occupy Ghana, has through the courts, obtained copies of the contract and the eventual investigations conducted into the deal by the Attorney General and are calling for the prosecution of public officials who are complicit in the rot.
Source: Ghana/Ourblurbonline.com/Patrick Teye Dasinor
SHARE THIS PAGE
Tuesday, 14 April
- Smartty’s saga: Ankomah’s claims baseless- Pres. advisor
- Memphis pissed over exclusion in Man U’s FA Cup fixture
- Liwin booms funnily!!!!
- Kenyan opposition party protester 'killed by police'
- Bureau of Public Safety chides Mayor over ‘reduced floods’ comment
- 'Reduced flooding' after 4 days of rain: Accra Mayor explains
- Accra Mayor lashes out at Ghana Meteorological Agency
- Renewed B/A chieftaincy clashes: Police reinforcements deployed
- Ksi Police to annul rising robbery attacks with anti-robbery squad
- Limitless campaigning period hampers period for Ghana’s devt.- Nduom