Trump parts ways with campaign manager
Jun 20, 2016 at 7:19pm
SHARE THIS PAGE
US Republican nominee, Donald J. Trump is parting ways with his campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, a move that comes as the presumptive Republican nominee faces challenges as he moves toward the general elections.
Trump's campaign manager
“The Donald J. Trump Campaign for President, which has set a historic record in the Republican primary having received almost 14 million votes, has today announced that Corey Lewandowski will no longer be working with the campaign,” the campaign spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, said in a statement.
“The campaign is grateful to Corey for his hard work and dedication and we wish him the best in the future,” she added.
Mr. Trump had faced increasing concerns from allies and donors, as well as his children, about the next phase of the campaign as he pivots toward a general elections.
An insider who has been briefed on the moves and who pleaded for anonymity, said the campaign had long planned adjustments to adjust to the needs of a general election campaign.
Mr. Trump has recently seen his standing dropping in recent national polls, and is now facing a barrage of ads by Hillary Clinton and her allies.
The person briefed on the change said that the campaign is looking towards bringing the party together, including hiring new staff members and adjusting to the campaign’s needs for the race against Mrs. Clinton. And there had been a desire for many weeks to make changes ahead of the convention, July 18-21 in Cleveland, particularly since it became clear that Mr. Trump would be the nominee.
SHARE THIS PAGE
Tuesday, 14 April
- EXCLUSIVE!!!: Samsung confirms Ghana Premier League sponsorship deal
- How LeBron James reshaped his legacy
- Liwin booms funnily!!!!
- Akropong Sch for the Blind badly needs a bus- Headmistress
- PHOTOS: Mahama’s late mother laid to rest
- Cynthia Quarcoo: the legal strength behind entertainment
- Second Ghana Veg Fair: Stakeholders in vegetable export sector urged to revamp industry
- Condolences Mr. President - Asamoah Gyan
- Recognizing The Gifted Child And Their Struggles
- Circle swoop: 26 suspected criminals picked up